Breast Pumps Are Now Covered Under the Affordable Care Act
The preventative care portion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) states that health insurance plans must cover one breastpump per pregnancy with no cost sharing (no deductible or co-pay) for female members. This benefit applies to non-grandfathered plans with renewals starting on or after August 1, 2012.
Welcome New and Expecting Mothers
In order to obtain a breast pump covered by your insurance, you must obtain your breast pump from an in-network durable medical equipment company (DME). Acelleron, a DME supplier, is ready to provide you with a new breastpump. We are in-network with most major health insurance plans throughout New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine and New Hampshire.
How Do I Get a Breast Pump?
- Fill out our Breast Pump Request Form.
- Then simply download our Breast Pump Order Form. The form must be completely filled out, signed by you and prescribing physician/nurse practitioner.
- Completed form and to be faxed to Acelleron at 866-615-6082 or mailed to Acelleron Medical Products at 28 Andover Street, Suite 100, Andover, MA 01810.
- Once your Breast Pump Order Form is received and insurance benefit is verified, we call to help you choose the best breast pump for your breastfeeding needs.
- We ship the breast pump directly to you, free of charge!