Acelleron Breast Pump Customer Agreement, Upgrade Policy and Information Guide
1. Customer Agreement
2. Hours of Availability
3. Instructions for Set-Up of Durable Medical Equipment
4. Safety Precautions
5. Emergency or Natural Disaster
6. Customer Suggestions or Complaints
7. Customer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
8. HIPAA Notice of Information/Privacy Practices
9. DME Supplier Standards
10. Community Resources
11. Upgrade Policy
12. Return Policy
SECTION ONE: Customer Agreement
For a translation of this agreement, please visit acelleron.com/termsandconditions
- I understand that Acelleron Medical Products ("Acelleron") is independently owned and operated and is not in any way associated with a hospital, medical practice or any other clinic.
- I request payment under my medical insurance, Medicaid or Medicare to be made directly to Acelleron Medical Products. In the event my medical insurance does not make payment, I agree to pay Acelleron Medical Products (“Acelleron”) the usual and customary amount for this equipment up to a maximum of $325.
- I authorize any provider of my medical information to release any information necessary to determine services, benefits and payment on my behalf. I permit a copy of this authorization to be used in place of the original. I permit the review of my record by accrediting and licensing agents and/or for the purpose of quality control.
- I certify that the information provided by me and applying for payment under Title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act or any other insurance benefits is true and correct.
- I certify that I have been provided the Hours of Availability, Instructions for Set-Up of HME, Safety Precautions, Emergency or Natural Disaster Information, Customer Complaint Policy, Customer Bill of Rights & Responsibilities, HIPAA Privacy Notice, DME Supplier Standards and Community Resources (view Sections 3 through 11).
- I acknowledge that I have been trained and/or will be trained on the use, cleaning and maintenance of all products I receive from Acelleron.
- I agree that Acelleron may contact me in the future via text, telephone, email or regular mail.
- Owner’s manual with warranty information has been or will be provided to me for all durable medical equipment. There is a minimum 1 year warranty on all breast pumps.
SECTION TWO: Hours of Availability
Acelleron Medical Products (“Acelleron”) is available to serve our customers Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Acelleron maintains emergency, on call service for any calls outside normal business hours. To contact us during and after business hours, please call 877-932-6327.
SECTION THREE: Instructions for Set-Up of Durable Medical Equipment
Trained staff are available during and after business hours at 877-932-6327 to answer client questions and to provide our clients with any assistance they may need. Please also refer to the manufacturer’s product manuals and guidelines, or visit our Knowledge Center at acelleron.com/knowledge.
SECTION FOUR: Safety Precautions
Please make sure you read all instructions before using equipment. In addition, please visit acelleron.com/safety to view the Safety Precautions for electrical equipment, batteries, respiratory devices and fire safety.
SECTION FIVE: Emergency or Natural Disaster
If you are in need of emergency medical treatment during a natural disaster or other medical emergency, contact 911.
SECTION SIX: Client Suggestions or Complaints
We value your suggestions and we will work hard to resolve any complaints. If you have a suggestion or a complaint, please call Acelleron at 877-932-6327 and your call will be handled in a professional and confidential manner. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, health insurance number, if applicable, and a summary of the complaint. All logged complaints are received by management within 1 business day and the client will be contacted by management within 2 business days. To help maintain the highest level of professional service possible, we invite you to visit our website and fill out our satisfaction survey at acelleron.com/survey. You also have the right to register a complaint with the company’s accrediting body, Community Health Accreditation Program (“CHAP”) by calling 800-656-9656 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
SECTION SEVEN: Client Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
Acelleron recognizes you have rights as a client receiving medical products or services. In return, there are responsibilities for certain behavior on the part of the client. We believe that all clients receiving products or services from Acelleron should be informed of their rights and responsibilities. The full text of Client Rights and Responsibilities can be found at acelleron.com/responsibilities. Upon request we will furnish you a written copy of this document.
SECTION EIGHT: HIPAA Notice of Information/Privacy Practices
Acelleron is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your identifiable health information. In conducting our business, we will create records regarding you and the treatment and services we provide to you. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of health information that identifies you. We also are required by law to provide you with this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning your identifiable health information. By law, we must follow the terms of the notice of privacy practices that we have in effect at the time. The purpose of this notice is to inform you, the client, how your personal health information is used and/or disclosed by Acelleron as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). We want you to be fully aware of what we do with your information so that you can provide us with your consent in order for us to treat your health care needs, receive payment for services rendered, and allow administrative and other types of health care operations to happen, which are part of normal business activities of Acelleron. The full text of the HIPAA/Privacy Notice can be found at acelleron.com/privacy. Upon request we will furnish you a written copy of this document.
SECTION NINE: DME Supplier Standards
The products and/or services provided to you by Acelleron Medical Products are subject to the supplier standards contained in the Federal regulations shown at 42 Code of Federal Regulations Section 424.57(c). These standards concern business professional and operational matters (e.g., honoring warranties and hours of operation). The full text of these standards can be found at acelleron.com/supplierstandards. Upon request we will furnish you a written copy of this document.
SECTION TEN: Community Resources
Breastfeeding – Visit lactationlink.com or zipmilk.org
American Red Cross – Visit redcross.org or call (800) 733-2767
SECTION ELEVEN: Upgrade Policy
NOTICE TO MEMBER: Your health care benefit plan may prohibit participating health organizations such as Acelleron from charging members such as you for any medical equipment offered as an upgrade that are deemed not medically necessary or non-covered for other reasons, unless the Member (such as you) specifically requests such service or product and agrees to be financially responsible for it. By acknowledging in your registration with Acelleron that you have reviewed this “Upgrade Policy” you are agreeing to the following:
“I understand and agree that I am financially responsible for the difference between my health care benefit plans reimbursement rate for the “Basic” medical equipment and the Providers usual and customary charges for the “Deluxe” upgraded medical equipment I have selected. I have been offered the “Basic” model and understand my insurer may cover 100% of the costs on the “Basic” model, but prefer the different features and/or design of the “Deluxe” upgraded model.
I understand my out of pocket payment for the “Deluxe” upgraded model will not show on my Explanation of Benefits as my financial responsibility nor will my health care benefit plan reimburse me for this expense.”
SECTION TWELVE: Return Policy
Credit Card Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase from Acelleron Medical Products, you can return your item(s) for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. (Returns must be unworn, in the state you received them and in the original packaging.) Damaged merchandise may not qualify for a refund.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Breast Pump Returns
Breast Pumps are considered a personal hygiene product, and therefore, cannot be returned or exchanged if the seal on the box has been broken. If your product is not performing as expected, we encourage you to call the breast pump manufacturer’s customer service department for assistance.
To return your product, please call 877-932-6327 and one of our Customer Care Specialists will guide you through the return process. You should mail your product(s) to: 16 High Street, Suite 201, North Andover, Massachusetts 01845 and include the Return Request Form that you will be provided by one of our Customer Care Specialists.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs when returning your item unless the item was damaged or we processed your order incorrectly.