November 1, 2021
Acelleron makes it easy to get a free breast pump through your Aetna health insurance plan.
The Affordable Care Act
According to the Office on Women’s Health, “The Affordable Care Act (2010) requires most health insurance plans to cover the cost of a breast pump as part of the women’s preventive health services. These rules apply to most commercial and private insurance plans, except grandfathered plans.”
Aetna Breast Pump Coverage Details
Most Aetna plans (plans subject to the women’s preventive breastfeeding services requirements under the Affordable Care Act) allow you to obtain one breast pump per pregnancy at no cost to you. The Aetna breast pump policy specifically states:
- Aetna considers purchase of a manual or standard electric breast pump medically necessary during pregnancy or at any time following delivery for breastfeeding.
- Aetna considers purchase of a manual or standard electric breast pump medically necessary for women who plan to breastfeed an adopted infant when the above listed criteria are met.
- For women using a breast pump from a prior pregnancy, a new set of breast pump supplies is considered medically necessary with each subsequent pregnancy for initiation or continuation of breastfeeding during pregnancy or following delivery.
- A replacement manual or standard electrical breast pump is considered medically necessary for each subsequent pregnancy, for initiation or continuation of breastfeeding during pregnancy or following delivery.
- Up to 3 replacement polycarbonate bottles; 3 replacement caps, nipple or lids for breast pump bottles; and 3 replacement locking rings are considered medically necessary per pregnancy. Additional replacement supplies for comfort and convenience are not covered.
Acelleron Helps You Get Your Breast Pump with Aetna Health Insurance
Choosing Your Breast Pump
With all the options out there, from brands like Medela, Spectra, Cimilre, Evlie, Willow, and Lansinoh, we know it can be overwhelming to decide what pump works best for you and your baby. That’s why our Pump Exploration Webinar will help make this decision easier. During this on-demand webinar, you learn about types of breast pumps, things to consider, breast pump brands, general use, and more! For a quick look at the differences between the pumps, check out our Breast Pump Comparison Grid.
It’s As Easy As 1, 2, 3…
Getting your breast pump through Aetna is so easy when you use Acelleron!
- Select your Aetna insurance plan and state on our form: We will verify your coverage, and if needed, obtain a prescription from your doctor.
- Pick your pump: Use our brand and feature filters to find the pump that will be best for you and your baby. Then, fill in the rest of the form to submit your order!
- Free shipping to your door: Your pump will arrive approximately 60 days prior to your due date.
Aetna Moms, get started now!
The Acelleron Difference
After you get your pump, we are still here to support you! Learn the ins and outs of your pump with a FREE Unbox Your Pump virtual consult. One of our pump experts will give you a brief overview of your pump, key features and benefits, what it comes with, how to setup and clean it, and give you some great tips & tricks!
Aetna expecting families can start their breastfeeding journey off on the right foot with our FREE online Breastfeeding Education Classes after you order your pump.
Plus, have access to our Knowledge Center, Baby, Breast, and Beyond blog, and become part of our online community for support, inspiration, and exclusive access to special deals and discounts.
Additional Maternity Support Products
Aetna also covers maternity support products such as a maternity support band and compression socks, if they are medically necessary. You can place your order here.